Road Traffic:left side
Caribbean, island in the North Atlantic Ocean, northeast of Venezuela
total: 431 sq km
land: 431 sq km
water: 0 sq km
tropical; rainy season (June to October)
relatively flat; rises gently to central highland region
GDP: $4.745 billion (2005 est.)
GDP growth rate: 4.1% (2005 est.)
GDP per capita: $17,000 (2005 est.)
Inflation rate: -0.5% (2003 est.)
Currency: Barbadian dollar (BBD)
Barbadian dollars per US dollar - 2 (2005), 2 (2004), 2 (2003), 2 (2002), 2 (2001)
Population: 279,912 (July 2006 est.)
Growth rate: 0.37% (2006 est.)
Protestant 67% (Anglican 40%, Pentecostal 8%, Methodist 7%, other 12%), Roman Catholic 4%, none 17%, other 12%
time difference: UTC-4 (1 hour ahead of Washington, DC during Standard Time)
30 November 1966 (from UK)
Note: Information on Barbados was mainly sourced from CIA's World Factbook and may represent an American point of view. To learn more about Barbados, please visit one of the links below.
Apartments for sale in Crane, Barbados
Merricks Resort - 100% Finance Available, 10% Rental Guarantee & Fully Furnished
|Price in GBP:||£95 000 - £350 000|
Reserve for £1000
100% fianance Available
10% rental Guarantee for 2 Years,
50/50 Room Split After 2 years (or rental Guarantee can be extended)
Free Legals & No Taxes
SIPPS Development ( Use your Pension to purchase property)
Barbados is one of the most popular luxury holiday destinations in the world. Renowned for its breathtaking scenery, the richness of its culture and above all the friendliness of its people it provides the best of all worlds - it is one of the best places to relax, but it's also full of chic restaurants, vibrant nightclubs and world-class golf courses. Barbados has an endearingly British atmosphere and cricket is the national sport. But despite the British influence, it is a cosmopolitan country with a strong character of its own. It is prosperous and progressive and still full of natural charm; the Caribbean culture is very much evident in its cuisine, music and people.
Located where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Caribbean Sea and close to the equator, Barbados enjoys a warm and sunny climate all year. It is predominantly flat with rolling hills to the north, and has a unique coral structure which acts as a natural filter making its waters amongst the purest in the world. The Atlantic east coast is less developed and ruggedly beautiful, offering some spectacular panoramas forged over millions of years by the powerful Atlantic Ocean's winds and waves.
Merrick Beach Resort
Barbados is one of the most popular luxury holiday destinations in the world with breathtaking scenery, a wealth of chic restaurants and world-class golf courses. Located where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Caribbean Sea and close to the equator the island enjoys a warm and sunny climate all year.
The luxury 5 star Merricks Beach Resort is situated in a stunning cliff top position in the south east of Barbados on the ruggedly beautiful Atlantic coast and enjoys spectacular panoramas forged over millions of years by the powerful Atlantic Ocean's winds and waves. Located in the parish of St Philip, 4km north of The Crane and next to Sam Lord's Castle it's just 20 minutes from the Sir Grantley Adams International Airport.
The Merricks Beach Resort will be managed and maintained to the highest standard by world-class hotel company OASIS HOTELS & RESORTS. They are confident in providing the highest standards of quality, style and comfort for guests. The resort will also benefit from the efficiency of their global booking system and established online presence which will ensure maximum occupancy throughout the year.
We expect to receive full planning permission by the end of 2008 and to complete the resort by Christmas 2012.
The Merricks Beach Resort is situated in the south east of Barbados on the stunning Atlantic coast in the parish of St Philip, 4km north of The Crane and next to Sam Lord’s Castle just 20 minutes from the Sir Grantley Adams International Airport.
- The Merricks Reception provides a concierge service for guests to arrange restaurant and spa bookings, taxis, sightseeing tours and watersports activities.
- The Harlequin Sports Academy offers expert cricket and tennis coaching for both children and adults.
- The Harlequin Fitness Centre comprises a full range of cardiovascular and physical training equipment.
- The Island Sanctuary Spa has indoor and outdoor treatment suites providing a range of massages, beauty treatments and holistic therapies.
- The Merricks has several bars and restaurants offering guests a choice of cuisine and ranging from fine dining to casual eating whilst enjoying stunning views.
- Several freshwater swimming pools, including a children's pool, are situated within the gardens, all with a concierge service for drinks and snacks.
The Piazza houses a café bar and restaurants as well as a collection of designer boutiques offering fashion, gifts and jewellery at tax-free prices.
- The Kid's Club provides day care for young children with closely supervised, fun-filled activities, age appropriate toys, puzzles and games.
- A baby-sitting service is available from 7pm until midnight.
- The Teen Club allows young adults aged 13+ to enjoy their own lounge with an adjoining games room providing pool, table tennis, tabletop football and a jukebox.
International Dreams Ltd
Office No. 0044 2032399430
These Apartments for sale in Crane, Barbados were first listed on 2008-08-05 11:26:46, and then updated on 2009-03-02 18:07:56 GMT.
Listing's direct URL ¬
|Listing No. ||28855|
|Financing available|| |
More listings from International Dreams Ltd
Saint Vincent and The Grenadines
Barbados Real Estate